Basics for the Seeker
This page is a reference for those who would like to develop their connection with Allah by taking Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db) as a spiritual guide. Linked below are a few texts and audio describing important aspects in the spiritual progress of a seeker. Description of the first lesson of dhikr has been made available below for anyone who seeks to become a student of Shaykh Zulfiqar. For those who are more advanced students please contact us for higher level lessons. Please note that higher level lessons will be provided only to those students who are advanced in their lesson by the Shaykh.
- Lesson One - This essay describes the first in a series of lessons of the Naqshbandi Mujaddidi order. Derived from the principles of the Quran and Sunnah, each lesson focuses on developing a particular aspect of an individual's spiritual connection with Allah . (Updated 9/1/2004)
- Adhkar List - The list of Adhkar read silently at Mehfil-e-Dhikr of Naqshbandi Mujaddidi order. (Updated 11/26/2005)
- Daily Routine - Excerpted from Wisdom for the Seeker, this special letter describes a daily regimen of dhikr and reflection.
- Attaining fina-e-qalbi: Annihilation of the Heart - Translation of a talk given by Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db).
- Tasawwuf ka Hasil - Allah ki Mai'yyat ka Pana -
(The purpose of Tasawwuf - Being in the presence of Allah )
A talk in Urdu by Shaykh Zulfiqar (db) on the essential purpose of Tasawwuf.
- Qalb key Jari Honey ki Alamaat -
(Signs of the Heart being in constant remembrance of Allah )
A talk in Urdu by Shaykh Zulfiqar (db) on the signs of the heart being in constant remembrance of Allah.
- The Indispensability of Abundant Zikr and Muraqabah for the Seeker - Translation of a talk given by Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db).
- Questions and Answers - Audio and translated transcript of a Question and Answer session with Shaykh Zulfiqar conducted on conference call in which he answered some important questions on Tasawwuf and personal development posed by the participants.
© 2001 - 2011 Tasawwuf.org. This material may be used for non-commercial use, provided it is unaltered and this copyright information and a link to our home page is included.